Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Experience in DB migration activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements and Procedures.
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
Desired Candidate Profile
Shelby Management Solutions
Established in the year 2012 , Shelby Management Solutions is an unique, unwavering and inspirational service provider, headquartered at Bangalore. Our aim is to provide exceptional talents with a solid ethics and competency to think creatively and shape up their career. Our prime role is to act as a catalyst in bringing qualified job seekers and dignified job providers together. To provide unparalleled quality of services for companies to create a competitive edge in the market place is what we strive at.
View Contact Details+